Vice President Processes
* Communications - Facebook Message Threads
* Communications - Radio
* Communications - Sports Journalism / Adventure Journalism
* Division Directors - Duties
* Events - Simple Event Checklist
* Events - Complex Event Checklist
* Support - Tribunals
* Background Checks - DCSI - Working With Children Checks (WWCS)
* Background Checks - National Police Certificate (NPC)
* Campbells Membership Card
* Communications - Social Media
* Communications - Social Media Permissions Structure
* Communications - Style Guide
* Communications - Templates
* Communications - Web Development
* Creating a RAVSTASS Chapter
* Downloading Membership Data
* Payments to Members - Consignments, Supplies & Services
* Payments to Members - Reimbursements
* Payments to Suppliers - Invoices
* Receiving Donations
* Receiving Offline Payments
* Team Forfeit Notification
Communications - Objectives
Objective #1 - Improve Multi-Sport Facilities.
Line of Effort 1A - RAVSTASS Owned Facilities: Position RAVSTASS for owner/operations of our own dedicated Multi-Sports Facilities (Refer to briefing package www.ravstass.com/pages/park & www.ravstass.com/pages/grants).
Line of Effort 1B - RAVSTASS Leased Facilities: Explore opportunities for RAVSTASS to tenant or manage Multi-Sport Facilities.
Line of Effort 1C - RAVSTASS Attended Facilities: Influence development of Multi-Sport Facilities where RAVSTASS members are current or prospective patrons.
Objective #2 - Build External Relationships.
Line of Effort 2A - Build Relationships with Stakeholders in Support of Objective #1.
Communications - Stakeholders
Federal & State Government: Ministers & Shadow Ministers with portfolios including Sport, Infrastructure, Transport, Emergency Services, as well as Local Member for locations of interest. Further contacts refer to Grants.
Local Government: Town Planner and Council Members. Further contacts refer to Grants.
Sport Bodies: Peak, State & Local Sport Bodies with context of facility planning. Further contacts refer to Grants.
Community groups: Youth Organisations (including Cadets/Scouts), Veteran Organisations, Environmental Organisations.
Emergency Services: Peak, State & Local with context of facility planning as potential tenant/users of a joint facility, increasing recruitment and harvesting cross-training benefits.
Industry: Training providers, Discount Providers, Equipment manufacturers and Facility constructors.
Communications - Talking Points
Who we are: RAVSTASS is an Independent Multi-Sport Association, formed in 2015 to bring together individuals, groups and teams into eight Divisions through the administration of one association. River, Air, Valley, Sea, Track, Aim, Snow & Stadium. www.ravstass.com/pages/about
Our Members: Our members are individuals from every background who participate as individuals or teams across a wide range of sports.
The RAVSTASS difference: One association with free membership. An individuals joins to participate in a single sport, and through their interaction with other members is introduced to new opportunities. We are not limited to geography, individual sport, nor a parent entity.
We are efficient: Multi-Sports administration is the future. Traditional sports clubs are limited to one sport/activity, whereas RAVSTASS has eight (8) divisions and within them scope for an unlimited number of sports. Traditional local clubs are stuck in their catchment area, whereas RAVSTASS is everywhere. We do not charge membership fees, the costs for any individual is dependent on the sport/activity that they are participating in. And often RAVSTASS does not even get involved in the transaction. The future will be even more efficient for members, sports bodies and government, through building multi-sport mixed purpose facilities.
Presentations - Recognition
Award Promoted Members
Award RAVSTASS True Blue Award
In addition, consider where appropriate the nomination of RAVSTASS Members for external awards (links located at bottom of Honour Board).
VICE PRESIDENT PROCESSES
Communications - Facebook Message Threads
The Vice Prez (at minimum) is to remain Admin on the following Facebook Message Threads. The Elected Committee members should also be invited to be admins on these threads.
- RAVSTASS Big 4 Thread (Committee)
- RAVSTASS Comrade Members Thread (Committee)
- RAVSTASS EOM Finance Reports (Committee)
- RAVSTASS Veterans Thread (Committee)
- RAVSTASS Vice Prez Thread (Committee)
- RAVSTASS Division Directors (Committee)
Numerous further threads exist within each division, all message threads created are to adhere to the following conventions.
RAVSTASS ???? Thread (???? Division)
RAVSTASS Scuba Thread (Sea Division)
Primary Admin = Minimum one (1) Comrade Member.
Secondary Admin = Respective Division Director to be backup Admin for all threads. (Division Director may mute threads).
Tertiary Admins = Additional admin's may be added, e.g. Vice Prez/Committee/Coaches/Captains/Managers/Trainers.
The above conventions will enable a message thread search to be conducted using format (Name Division) e.g. (Sea Division)
Communications - Radio
Whenever activities are conducted in remote areas, the establishment of our own communications network may be required. The following is guidance for activity leaders, to establish a communications network. A primary and secondary radio channel should be selected and tested, prior to commencement of the activity. In addition, a location that is well known and within reach of all participants, selected as the communication failure last option for rendezvous. Additional communication options, may be considered, including whistle, beacon as determined through the Risk Analysis Matrix. This process focusses on the selection of radio channels only.
Conventions for the selection of UHF CB Radio channels in Australia
Channel 05 - Emergency Primary
Channel 35 - Emergency Secondary
For both emergency channels, set Duplex ON, if no response set Duplex OFF.
Channel 10 - 4WD & National Parks
Channel 18 - Camper Vans & Caravans in Convoy
Channel 40 - Road Safety
- Australian Communications & Media Authority (ACMA)
Communications - Sports Journalism / Adventure Journalism
RAVSTASS participates in a broad range of sports which ideally suits Sports Journalism Students seeking to apply their knowledge and build their portfolios. Furthermore our membership has a tremendous interest in sports generally, which RAVSTASS seeks to promote and develop along the entire spectrum : Awareness > Interest > Participation > Competition > Excellence. The breadth of RAVSTASS provides enormous opportunity for Sports and Adventure Journo's to apply their craft. We are uniquely interested in the multi-disciplinary aspects and relatable knowledge that transfers between sports. We also are keen to recommend products to our members that suit applications in a variety of sports.
Keen to be a RAVSTASS Sports Journo? Go to www.ravstass.com/#Join and then contact the RAVSTASS Vice President. Every Student Journalist will be provided a reference on letterhead to assist with their future aspirations and all articles attributed to them will remain on RAVSTASS sites.
Broad Process : Decide > Data > Delve > Develop > Dovetail > Design > Distribute
1. Decide - Determine what type of article you are seeking to write:
Straight-Lead/Feature/Profile/Season Preview/Season Review/Opinion Column/Product Review/Adventure Story.
2. Data - Our social media channels are listed at www.ravstass.com/#Join
3. Delve - Each of our RAVSTASS Divisions has segmented our social media channels for their division, as an album/list/topic/etc. Links are within each Division Collection at www.ravstass.com/#8Divisions. Links to related magazines are also found here. Within the individual sports can be found further links to peak bodies, suppliers, participating bodies etc.
4. Develop - 1st draft - Review the available content to generate ideas for your article.
5. Dovetail - 2nd draft - Bring further sources together (references, imagery, quotes etc) to support your message.
6. Design - 3rd draft - Format your article for delivery and impact (audio/visual/mixed media). Contact the Secretary if templates/branding is required.
7. Distribute - Forward to the Vice President for review and release.
Note that value is incrementally added at each stage of the process.
Adventure Story Process : Calling > Crossing > Trials > Abyss > Discovery > Improvement > Achievement > Coaching
1. Calling - Reveal what tempted the subject into imagining the adventure. Think lingering thought!
2. Crossing - What pushed the subject into starting, the tipping point! Losing their job/relationship or an injury in another sport. Think final straw!
3. Trials - Relate the difficulties encountered in starting and progressing. Predictions of failure, battling self/others, injuries/opinions. Think grind!
4. Abyss - Identify with the loneliness of the chasm which emerges between subject and their former career/friends/home/comforts/interactions that is left behind in the pursuit of the new adventure.
5. Discovery - Exhibit what is newly discovered by the subject, that was only possible because of this adventure. Think spectacular!
6. Improvement - Connect discoveries with the improvement in the subject and their enhanced understanding.
7. Achievement - Celebrate the achievement as it all dovetails together and thereby making the journey worthwhile.
8. Coaching - Develop the character of the individual, show what they have now grown to become, in self-esteem, reputation and contribution and hint at the opportunities that lie ahead.
Note that over the process, the protagonist is raised in their ability and in turn, their ability to lead others.
References & Tools
- YouTube Background Video
- YouTube Video Editor
1. Promote - Encourage everyone to Join RAVSTASS.
2. Recruit - Using the Individual Athlete Support program, specifically target individuals competing in sports which you are aiming to grow for your division. Note that support can be tailored where suitable, e.g. a Beanie might be more suitable than a Baseball cap for Snow Division athletes.
3. Grow - Generate New Teams, especially in sports where we do not yet have teams competing. Note that the Individual Athlete Support program, is one pathway to eventually growing teams, as individual athlete support obligations includes the encouragement of participation.
4. Share - Relevant Events for your Division, in particular Come n Try events are an excellent opportunity to encourage participation. Many businesses/clubs run these events that you can leverage. Also encourage hashtag #ravstass be used on relevant instagram posts by members.
5. Advise - The Elected Committee on improvements, team appointments, guidance, strategy, processes. Anything that helps support your efforts and the work within your Division.
6. Report - Provide progress reports to the Vice-President, and especially prior to the AGM.
Preconditions - Existing regular activity with an existing RAVSTASS facebook message thread.
Step 1 - Facebook - Using mobile phone (use the + button > select Add Reminder).
Step 2 - Conduct - Conduct the Activity.
Step 3 - Incidents - Encourage participants to submit incident reports.
Step 4 - Imagery - Add images to the facebook message thread or instagram (tag #RAVSTASS), or email high quality versions.
Step 5 - Finalise Report - Submit a Post Activity Report.
The following checklist is a guide designed for committee members. Committee members have access to all websites. If you do not have access, please seek assistance from a committee member. Disregard any non-applicable steps.
Step 1 - Initial Planning
1.1 Concept - Determine What, Where, When, and Costs. Consider public holiday weekends.
1.2 Risk Assessment - Consider reconaissance of activity and raise/review Risk Assessment. Consider use of Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) and if to be used ensure it s registered with Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA).
Step 2 - Mid-Term Planning
2.1 Outsourcing - Refer to process 'Outsourcing' on page.
2.2 Payment Product - Create pricing on Official Website www.ravstass.com.
2.3 Create Facebook Event - Create event on our Facebook Page with all required info and link to product page. Make the manager a co-host so they can edit event the page. Add Google Map using GPS Co-ordinates. Also, make a post on the RAVSTASS Facebook Members Group inviting people to attend. Encourage others to share widely. Create a FB message thread as attendance list grows in order to communicate directly.
Step 3 - Final Planning
3.1 Confirmation. Check sales progress and confirm bookings with supplier.
3.2 Participants. Provide joining instructions to participants.
Step 4 - Execution
4.1 Pre-Deploy Phase - Introduction briefing of participants on risks and emergency steps. Get participants to sign Risk Assessment.
4.2 Deploy Phase - Conduct the Activity, track progress on RAVSTASS Strava and capture imagery.
4.3 Re-Deploy Phase -
4.4 Refurbish Phase - Exit brief and thank all participants and supplier(s), exit brief and gather information for the Post Activity Report. Encourage participants to submit incident reports. Pay supplier(s) for activity via RAVSTASS Debit Card (see Treasurer).
Step 5 - Post Activity
5.1 Post Activity Report - Submit a Post Activity Report.
Support - Tribunals
Reports to Tribunals are stressful. Should yourself, a player, or a team member be reported, please advise the RAVSTASS Committee by emailing email@example.com
RAVSTASS Committee will:
* Be conduit for communications between the reported player and the Tribunal.
* Confirm applicable By-Laws and clarify further RFI's to assist in preparation for the Tribunal.
* Maintain an archive of all correspondence cataloguing the case.
* Review draft statements to the Tribunal.
* Seek to attend the Tribunal.
Reported Member should:
* Ensure the RAVSTASS Committee is notified of a report being made by forwarding report to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Correspond through the RAVSTASS Committee, in order that any discussion points can be refined and to dovetail with existing RFI's.
* Read and understand relevant By-Laws, including the Tribunal process and applicable min/max penalties.
* Understand that the pyramid structure of sports leagues under peak bodies, may mean that any penalty imposed by the existing league, may be applicable in other leagues.
* Understand that RAVSTASS has a parallel discipline process as obliged by our Rules of an Incorporated Association (IAW Rule 5.4). No decision(s) under Rule 5.4 will be made until after the Tribunal process is completed. Any decision will be considered separately to the Tribunal outcome.
* Prepare a written hard copy statement that can be read at the Tribunal by yourself or (if unavailable to attend) by a representative. The hard copy written statement should be in a presentable format that can be handed over to the Tribunal panel and be included in the evidence pack. The statement should detail the timeline of events as best recalled, acknowledge the seriousness of being reported, relate circumstances and point of view, and include any admissions willing to make. Lastly, suggest your desired outcome.
SECRETARY PROCESSESBackground Checks - DCSI - Working With Children Checks (WWCS)
1. Applicant. Logon and follow steps at www.screening.sa.gov.au/applications
2. Applicant. To commence the application process the person must select "Individual" the applicant will need 100 points of ID. The member will then need to select "Volunteer" and in the description add "Multi-Sport Coaching Volunteer"
3. Applicant. Following finalisation of the check, provide official advice, by forwarding the original email to email@example.com.
Background Checks - National Police Certificate (NPC)
1. Applicant. Fill in form PD267 National Police Certificate (NPC) Application form. Use blue pen.
2. Applicant. Take the PD267 to a SA Police station for 100 point identification. Then give form to RAVSTASS Public Officer for VOAN authorisation.
3. Public Officer. RAVSTASS Public Officer endorses the PD267 in the 'Volunteer Authority' section of form, including the VOAN number issued to RAVSTASS. Use blue pen. The form is then sent by RAVSTASS to SAPOL.
4. Applicant. SAPOL will post NPC to the applicant. NPC is to be sighted by Secretary.
5. Secretary. Secretary is to retain copies of all NPC's. Original is to be retained by applicant.
Campbells Membership Card
1. Treasurer. Identifies member with need for a Campbells Card.
2. Card Holder. Fills in web form on behalf of applicant. Contact details to be used are those of RAVSTASS (email, post, ABN). Method of payment is to be Credit Card not Invoice www.campbells.com.au/convenience/faq
3. Treasurer. Receives card in post, takes scan for records.
4. Card Holder. Receives their Campbells card from Treasurer.
Communications - Social Media
The RAVSTASS Social Media Links which are discussed below are accessible at either of these links.
1. Facebook Page - External page, think friends, family, other organisations and interested parties. Other channels can feed into this page (automatically) instagram, twitter, youtube, and our online products.
Best for uploading high quality images, and images which have been processed and cleaned up ready for publishing. Note that when click photos > albums > see all; there is a photo album for each of the RAVSTASS divisions. Adding a photo to one of the existing albums will then create a post on the page feed. When tagging individuals in photos first save the uploaded photos, then in the comments section change 'comment as' from RAVSTASS to yourself, you can then edit and use '@' followed by name of individual(s) you wish to tag in the post. If the video includes music, ensure there is detail in the post that references the artist, e.g. "All the good girls go to hell" by Billie Eilish.
2. Facebook Group - Internal facing. Groups have different features to Pages, and are for the network itself. At present the number of members in this group is used to calculate our membership. Think updates to members themeslves on internal issues. Therefore if publishing external content, best to publish to the page first, and then share to the group. Since not all information on the group feed is of interest to all members, Groups have a nice feature called 'Topics'. After creating a post, click the three dots (top right) > Add post topic. Note that we have created a topic for each division.
3. Instagram - External facing. Instagram has become popular among people who prefer visual content, for some, facebook has too many notifications, messages etc. Instagram is best for quickly publishing images and short videos (snippets) that have been captured on a phone. While you can logon to instagram from PC/laptop you cannot create posts. In order to get images/videos which have been cleaned up on PC/laptop onto instagram it is necessary to forward these to your phone first, and then create instagram post through the phone app. Added benefit of instagram posts, is option at the end of post production to relay the feed to RAVSTASS facebook page and RAVSTASS twitter. The relay to Facebook page has been found to work well when it is one image in the post. Multiple images in a post and video have not been seen (yet) relaying and likely is a limitation of the feature. The relay to twitter goes straight to the feed, but displays as hyperlink.
4. Instagram other users - A excellent feature of instagram, similar to facebook is ability to tag people. If there is content on a members instagram account, and they 'edit' and 'tag' RAVSTASS, then the content appears in a separate panel called 'tagged' on our RAVSTASS instagram feed. In someways this is easier/better than Facebook. Note that tagging is preferred to #hastags. If hashtag #RAVSTASS is used, it will appear in our notifications, to advise us, but will not relay in our feeds. #RAVSTASS appears at www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ravstass/. Therefore hastags can be used in addition, but do not achieve as much as a tag.
5. Twitter - External facing. Twitter is popular among those who are reading dominant learners. It is useful for publishing very short messages, for example "RAVENS win semi-final overnight."
6. Strava - Extremely useful platform for capturing activity conducted by individuals. Think cyclists, runners, swimmers. These are the primary sports that Strava focussed on. Using location tool, tracks the path, speed, distance and other metrics of performance. Provides ability at end of session to share their activity, and 'add photos.' In addition, we have the RAVSTASS Strava Club, which captures onto our own leaderboard, summary of RAVSTASS Strava Athletes. This data is also used in a widget that is included at bottom of our home page.
7. YouTube - RAVSTASS YouTube Channel. We have a playlist for each RAVSTASS Division, and playlists for Tutorials, Gear and Risks. Our Join Us videos are listed here. For developers, we have our Intro Slide Videos. If you are building your own video, we recommend the GoPro app Quick Stories. We also build collaborative project videos on app.sauce.
Our video recommendations:
Orientation = Landscape
Format = .mp4
Normal = 1080 pixels @ 60 frames per second (FPS) where possible
Slow motion = 1080 pixels @ 120 frames per second (FPS) minimum
The RAVSTASS Social Media Links which are discussed below are accessible at either of these links. www.ravstass.com/pages/links www.ravstass.com/#Join
1. Facebook Page. As this is our external page and many other channels feed into it, extreme care must be taken, noting that posts are attributed to RAVSTASS rather than the user. Admins = Elected Committee. Editors = Division Directors (not Club Controllers).
2. Facebook Members Group. The RAVSTASS FB Fan Page is an Admin of the RAVSTASS Facebook Members Group. In addition, the following are also admins. Admins = Elected Committee & Division Directors (not Club Controllers).
3. Strava Club. Admins = Elected Committee & Division Directors.
4. LinkedIn Group. Admins = Elected Committee.
5. Facebook Message Threads for Teams. Admins = Coach, Captain, Team Manager, (VP & respective Division Director are Optional).
7. Other Sites. The following social media accounts do not have an access roles feature, therefore access is limited to the Elected Committee and is via direct issue of logon details by the Secretary.
- YouTube (linked to gmail logon)
Communications - Style Guide
PANTONE Reflex Blue C
CMYK 100%, 87%, 0%, 20% (Pantone)
CMYK 100%, 96.26%, 12.52%, 9.54% (Adobe) RGB Preview Mode
Embroidery PF368 FuFu
PANTONE Black 6 C
Embroidery PF900 FuFu
PANTONE 4289 C (Grey)
Embroidery PF485 FuFu
PANTONE 11-0601 TCX Bright White
Embroidery PF800 FuFu
Maintenance of templates is responsibility of the Secretary for internal use by the Committee. The following templates are publicy available for use by members.
2. Google Drive - Shared Folder (Logos etc) email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
3. YouTube - Intro & Outro branded videos.
- Shopify Logon
- Shopify Manual & Help Centre
- Shopify Performance Status
- Wikipedia Info Boxes
- Wikipedia Uniform Code
Creating a RAVSTASS Chapter. Sub-committees may exist which are closely affiliated with external organisations. As RAVSTASS is an independent association, such sub-committees are created as Chapters. Refer to Rule 6.2(d) for Guidance.
Downloading Membership Data
This process is for use of the RAVSTASS Secretary.
Pre-requisites, must have admin rights to the RAVSTASS Members Group.
1. Go to this page, and download .zip
2. Also watch the tutorial video.
3. Go to the RAVSTASS Members Member data, click the extension icon.
4. RAVSTASS Members--Members.csv file will download.
5. Prefix the file name with todays date YYYY MM DD - RAVSTASS Members--Members.csv.
1. BankSA - Business line 133 800.
1. Requesting Quotes: Various activities require the services of a professional instructor or supplier. To engage a service or supplier, email a request for quote to at least three suppliers in order to get the best price and arrangement. You may choose to email all three on the same email, in order for them to know that they are in direct competition. Or you may choose to be more discrete and email potentially suppliers individually. The following template may assist:
Subject: Request for Quote - RAVSTASS [Description]
RAVSTASS is an independent multi-sport association. We wish to invite you to respond to a request for quotation please.
Request quote to provide the following services [detailed list].
Delivery of [product/service] is required NLT [insert date].
Request quote be supplied NLT [suggest +7 days].
In addition, we would like to invite you to consider becoming a RAVSTASS preferred supplier.
2. Review Quotes: In consultation with Treasurer, select the best value for money quote. Make booking with selected supplier and advise other suppliers they were not successful at this time. If you consider them a suitable alternative in future, you may invite them to consider becoming a preferred supplier.
Commercial Tour Operators (National Parks SA)
Payments to RAVSTASS Members - Consignments, Supplies & Services
RAVSTASS members may need to be paid for supplies and services rendered to the Association, including situations where member owned equipment has been hired out on consignment. If the member does not issue an invoice automatically for the supply &/or service, then the Treasurer is to prompt this by emailing the following to the member:
Subj: RAVSTASS owes you a payment
Good afternoon [member name]
RAVSTASS would like to forward a payment of $____ to you, for [supply/service/consignment hire]. Please provide the following detail to enable payment by return emailing email@example.com
BSB: _ _ _ - _ _ _ must be six digits
ACC#: _ _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ max of nine digits
Title: Name your account held in
Remittance Text: CODING - DDMMMYY
email remittance: your email address
- ABN LookUp
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- Competition & Consumer Act 2010
- Fair Work Act 2009
- Rental Agreements
Payments to RAVSTASS Members - Reimbursements
RAVSTASS members seeking reimbursement are to email the RAVSTASS Treasurer with their receipt/invoice, description (to enable coding) and bank details to enable reimbursement. Only pre-approved reimbursements that are agreed will be paid.
Subj: Request for Reimbursement
Good afternoon Treasurer,
Please find attached receipt/invoice seeking reimbursement for payment made on behalf of the Association for purpose _____________.
My bank details are:
BSB: _ _ _ - _ _ _ must be six digits
ACC#: _ _ _ - _ _ _ - _ _ _ max of nine digits
Title: Name your account held in
email remittance: your email address
Accordingly, request reimbursement of $__________, be forwarded to the above detailed account.
Suppliers are to email invoices for payment to the Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org cc, email@example.com. Only pre-approved Invoices will be paid. Our ABN, address and contact details are available here.
1. Treasurer. Issue Donor with Discount Member Card at no charge.
Thank you script... "Thank you for your donation. Please find enclosed your RAVSTASS Member Discount Card. As our program grows I hope you enjoy its benefits into the future."
2. Treasurer. Add item to the Asset Register.
3. Treasurer. Consider to make available for hire, create product page.
Receiving Offline Payments
Where possible all payments should be received through the RAVSTASS website, via purpose built online products in order to catalogue all transactions. Where a payment is required to be collected and this is not practicable, e.g. a cost, or recovery that is not appropriate to be placed online, then an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into the RAVSTASS Incomes account should be effected. Avoid where possible collecting cash. If you do collect cash on behalf of a member, then retain the cash yourself and transfer the same amount by EFT into the RAVSTASS Incomes Account. All EFT transfers are to be made into the following account. The description text is to include coding to allocate the revenue appropriately.
Description: CODING - NAME - REASON
email remittance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Forfeit Notification
Each RAVSTASS Sports team entered in scheduled competitions has a designated Team Manager. This policy is for guidance of the Team Manager.
In the week prior to scheduled game - Team Manager posts reminder of game time to the Team specific Facebook message thread.
2 days prior - If insufficient players indicates a forfeit may be imminent then team managers is to use the Facebook 'RAVSTASS Basketball Club' message thread to seek other eligible players. Remind any injured players that should they be able to attend in uniform, this can avoid a forfeit and they can be immediate subbed out of game.
1 day prior - Not later than 11am - If forfeit cannot be avoided, the Team Manager is to send an email to the Association formally advising of forfeit (Note that late notification may increase forfeit fine).
To: Relevant Association
cc: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Subj: Notification of Team Forfeit - RAVSTASS
Regrettably RAVSTASS [insert team name and grade], are lacking sufficient players for game on [insert date and time of game]; and accordingly advise of need to forfeit the scheduled game.
1 day after Forfeit - Team Manager is to advise RAVSTASS Treasurer, who will create a payment option on the RAVSTASS website for players to pay their share of the forfeit fine. Treasurer will provide payment link to the Team Manager.